What to Do Before Professionals Arrive
Discover Actions That Can Help You
When it comes to water damage, taking action before help arrives is important because water can spread very quickly. Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the more likely it will be that your home will suffer serious damage.
If you’re ever faced with a water disaster, follow these steps to get your home cleaned up and dried out before the professionals arrive.
- Shut off the main power supply: Turning off all electricity will help prevent accidents while you work on getting rid of the water.
- Determine which rooms were damaged the most: Assess which are damaged and which are safe to walk through without slipping or falling. Make sure to wear dry socks throughout this process. They protect your feet from sharp objects that might be underfoot and keep them warm.
- Mop as much as possible: Use towels or clothes that have been wrung out until they’re no longer dripping. This can help reduce the time it takes for your floors and walls to dry out after being soaked in water for a long time.
- Dry out damped items: Once all the standing water has been removed from your floors and walls, dry out anything damaged. You can use fans or dehumidifiers wherever possible until everything is dry again.
The Restoration Process: A Step-By-Step Overview
Water damage mitigation is a process that begins when a property has been exposed to water. As soon as you call us, we will begin the mitigation process by assessing the extent of the damage. Then we will ensure that your property remains safe as we dry it out.
Here’s how our water mitigation process works:
- Start with the drying cycle. This is crucial to preventing mold growth and structural damage. This means removing excess moisture from the affected area using state-of-the-art equipment. After removing moisture, we will treat any affected areas with a special chemical solution designed specifically for your needs.
- Remove all standing water using dehumidifiers. The best way to prevent allergens such as mold and mildew from growing is to remove the moisture that feeds them by using a dehumidifier. Our dehumidifier will draw moisture out of the air into its reservoir. We’ll make sure to pay close attention to areas more exposed to this issue, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Safety disposal of wet materials that can’t be restored. We’ll work with you to determine what’s salvageable and what should be thrown away, then pack up. This may include furniture, clothing, carpets, and other building materials.
- Use air scrubbers. This tool can remove bacteria and odors from your interiors so you can breathe easily again! It uses high-speed fans to blow air through a filter that traps allergens to clean the air.
Leave the Insurance Claim Filing to Us
Water damage is one of the most common causes of home damage. Getting your insurance company to pay for any repair costs can often be difficult. But we’re here to help you get that money back from them! Whether your water damage was caused by a burst pipe, a broken window, or some other mishap, give us a call. We can file the correct paperwork and navigate the tricky waters of getting your insurance company on board with repairing your home.
We understand how frustrating this whole process can be, but we want you to know there is hope! You deserve to be reimbursed for your losses, and we’re here to help make sure that happens.
How to Prevent This Issue From Happening
Water damage is a serious problem that can happen to anyone. It doesn’t matter if you have a basement or not; water damage can occur when a pipe bursts or when you have a leaky roof. You may think this won’t happen to you, but it’s better to be prepared than sorry!
Here are some tips on preventing water damage:
- Make sure your plumbing is working properly before any major storms hit. Check the water pressure in your home and ensure it is appropriate before any heavy rains hit. If something is wrong with your plumbing, call a plumber right away!
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast during rainy seasons so that you know when storms are coming and can take precautions accordingly (such as unplugging appliances).
- Keep towels around to dry up any small leaks or spills in case they happen unexpectedly (like when someone accidentally spills their drink).
- Clean up any spills immediately so they don’t cause bigger problems later down the road!
Restore Your Property Today!
Water damage is the leading cause of disasters in the Lehi, UT, area. Thousands of homeowners yearly suffer water damage to their homes and belongings. That’s why Superior Water Restoration aims to get your home back to its original condition as quickly as possible.
In addition to our state-of-the-art technology and modern equipment, we have years of experience in this field. We’re committed to providing you with superior service. We’ll work hard to ensure that you are happy with our work so that you can continue enjoying your home without worry. We will begin working on your property immediately, assessing the situation and fully documenting the water damage restoration. Rest easy knowing everything is under control.